Conceiving, developing and marketing a product is a team sport involving people responsible for product management, product marketing management, engineering, market research, product design, competitive research, portfolio management, distribution, sales, training, finance, support, and legal. It is a team sport requiring interpersonal and inter-organizational skills. This course teaches how to do it.
Introduction and scope of course:
- Exercises description
- Where to Start
- The Importance of values and vision
- Decision Making: Roles and Responsibilities
- Product Project Management
- What to do when the team is formed
- Getting Along: 11 Principles from David Packard, co-founder of Hewlett-Packard
- Key Competencies for Success
Doing the job:
- 6 Keys to Product Team Success (SPICES)
- Product Market Strategy
- Relevant and Actionable Information
- Understanding what the Customer wants to Do
- Systems and Tools to get the job done
- Understanding the Customer’s Journey and how each group responsible affects that part
- Working with Sales, Development, Senior Management, Marketing, Training, Distribution, Operations,
- Support, Test and other Groups
- What’s different in a Startup vs. Large Organization?
Wrap up and next steps
Want to beat those odds? Want to build a well thought out plan quickly and effectively? Then this workshop is for you and your Team!
To be notified when the next Boot Camp will be in your area, please fill in the form below. Meanwhile, feel free to purchase the online course and you will get a credit for two times what you pay for the course against the cost of the Boot Camp.