If you don’t know, or if you can’t tell me quickly and clearly, then your product is probably in trouble. Equally important is aligning everyone in your engineering, product management, marketing and sales team so they, too, know these answers. To win market share and wide-spread adoption, they must embrace your core product positioning. They must be able to know it, understand it, repeat it, and leverage it in all of their product development and customer communications activities. That’s how you grow revenue and win in today’s overcrowded marketplace. To do this, you need a “positioning statement.”
Want to beat those odds?
Want to learn the secrets for creating the best “positioning statement” possible?
Then this course is for you!
But positioning is not what you do to a product. Positioning is what you do to the mind of the prospect. So, how do we influence that, exactly? “Product Positioning” Boot Camp teaches you the thought-provoking approach called positioning. It starts with developing a positioning statement that identifies, prioritizes, and then clarifies the unique value you offer a specific target market. Equally important to having a best positioning statement tool is knowing how to use it. Because, success requires you not only be a master of marketing; you need to be savvy at organizational politics.
The on-line, on-demand course contains 6 power-packed lessons listed below with 70 minutes of fast-paced video lectures accompanied by quizzes, examples and exercises. Each video lecture can be completed in less than 15 minutes, enabling you to pace out your training over the approximately three hours it will take to complete the entire course.
- Self-paced modules organized in a logical, easy-to-follow structure
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Easy-to-follow and well-structured exercises contained in a handy downloadable Workbook
- Practical exercises and techniques that you can apply to your own business as early as today
- Understand the components that define a positioning statement
- Learn how to build & critique your own
- Apply it to your business
- Know how to use it to achieve organizational alignment
- Build better products
- Drive faster market success
- Beat your competition
And, if your teammates attend the Boot Camp with you, you will achieve better alignment as you work the exercises together.
- Pre-assessment quiz
- Video lecture
- Real world examples
- Post-lesson quiz
The primary focus is on business-to-business (B2B) markets, but it can also be used for business-to-consumer(B2C) markets.
The online course includes a downloadable PowerPoint Workbook template for you to do your exercises, build your plan and then bring to the Boot Camp for review, discussion and enhancement. This course and Boot Camp are based on the book, The Marketing High Ground: The essential playbook for B2B marketing practitioners everywhere by J. Michael Gospe, Jr. This “how to” marketing book shows you in detail everything you need to know about building, critiquing, and applying positioning statements so you can grow your business quickly and with confidence.
To be able to:
- Understand how and why positioning statements drive better, more relevant and clear communications
- Learn how to create your own positioning statements
- Practice evaluating positioning statements
- Discover how to apply the positioning statement template and technique to your own business
- Welcome to mastering product positioning
- Pre-assessment quiz
- Introducing the positioning statement
- Lesson 1: Target segmentation and the persona
- Lesson 2: Names and categories
- Lesson 3: Key customer benefit
- Lesson 4: Competitive differentiation
- Lesson 5: Positioning statements in action
- Lesson 6: Bringing positioning statements to life
- Post-assessment quiz