I’ve searched my entire career to find a practical, fast-paced technique for developing customer-ready messaging, and I wasn’t able to find one. So I created it. The secret to crafting your core messaging strategy and your “elevator pitch” is called the “Message Box”. It’s a simple, yet powerful exercise that will help you focus your story and align your company so everyone can tell the same, compelling story with passion and confidence.
During this 90-minute course, complete with 11 lessons and 12 exercises, you’ll quickly become a master of messaging. This is a must-have technique for driving lead generation activities that engage your prospects and speed them through their buying cycle.
- Self-paced modules organized in a logical, easy-to-follow structure
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Easy-to-follow and well-structured exercises contained in a handy downloadable Workbook
- Practical exercises and techniques that you can apply to your own business as early as today
- Understand the components that define the Message Box
- Learn how to build & critique your own
- Apply it to your business
- Know how to use it to dramatically improve the ROI of your lead generation activities
- Provide your sales team with powerful messaging they will actually want to use
- Drive faster market success
- Beat your competition
And, if your teammates attend the Boot Camp with you, you will achieve better sales and marketing alignment as you work the exercises together.
- Pre-assessment quiz
- Video lecture
- Real world examples
- Post-lesson quiz
The primary focus is on business-to-business (B2B) markets, but it can also be used for business-to-consumer(B2C) markets.
The online course includes a downloadable PowerPoint Workbook template for you to do your exercises, build your plan and then bring to the Boot Camp for review, discussion and enhancement. This course and Boot Camp are based on the book, The Marketing High Ground: The essential playbook for B2B marketing practitioners everywhere by J. Michael Gospe, Jr. This “how to” marketing book shows you in detail everything you need to know about building, critiquing, and applying the Message Box so you can dramatically improve your ability to communicate with your customers and prospects.
To be able to:
- Understand how and why the Message Box drives better, more relevant and clear communications
- Learn how to write and critique more effective messaging for your marketing campaigns, programs, and activities
- Apply effective messaging techniques to improve lead generation activities
- Use the Message Box exercise to summarize and tell your story and write a compelling, effective “elevator pitch”
- Discover how to apply the Message Box template and technique to your own business
- Pre-assessment quiz
- Lesson 1: Assessment
- Lesson 2: The persona
- Lesson 3: The engagement message
- Lesson 4: The solution criteria message
- Lesson 5: The product reinforcement message
- Lesson 6: The value message
- Lesson 7: The Message Box in action
- Lesson 8: How to create a one-liner
- Lesson 9: Hierarchy of messaging
- Lesson 10: Tips for executing the Message Box
- Lesson 11: Driving better messaging
- Final quiz