Successful products start with clearly understanding what people and organizations “do”. What they do, how they do it, why they do it and so forth. This course enables the participants to figure out what their prospective customers “do” and then translate that into a compelling “value proposition” with real innovation. Together the “dos” will enable engineering to build the right product and the value proposition will direct marketing to get the marketing plan right.
Together, implementing the right “dos” and “value proposition will ensure product success.
- Understand how important it is to learn what people “do” and how to translate into a compelling value proposition and product positioning
- Understanding what your customer’s “do” and helping them do that more effectively than your competitors
- Define the “value” your customers will get out of your product
- Value of Do
- How To Define A “Do”
- Information Gathering
- Prioritizing “Do”s
- Going to Development
- Sources of Innovation, Design and Methodology
- Discover New Markets and Market Sizing
- Types of Innovation and Ideation Process
- Other Product Success Considerations
- Value Proposition
- What primary benefit(s) will this product provide?
- Developing a value proposition statement